Holiday Season Parties (12-16-14)
Yes, the holiday season is upon us and yes we want to drink and eat more than usual. Should we? If you want, but remember that moderation is your key word.
You can eat almost all of what you want...in moderation. All of those Christmas parties you have invitations to go to – go to them. Have fun, eat, drink and be merry...in moderation.
It is very easy to pack on the pounds with the little voice in your head saying it won’t matter, it’s only one night. Well, one night leads to another and another and those few drinks and few appetizers lead to more appetizers and then they bring out those dreaded wonderful cookies.
It isn’t that any one individual thing is necessarily bad for you. But, when you add them all together, well you do the pounds and then comes January. So, what do you do during the holiday season? Well, I am no expert but I have a few to-dos on my list.
1. Accept every invitation that makes you feel good.
2. Drink in moderation.
3. Have a designated driver in case you aren’t sure what moderation means.
4. Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink.
5. Eat the healthy snacks more than the sweets.
6. Taste the sweets then go back to the healthy.
7. Use the small plates and don’t pile on the food.
8. If you are the cookie baker then take more to other people’s homes than you keep at your home.
9. Did I mention water? It keeps you from getting dehydrated.
10. Give thanks to the family and friends who thought to welcome you into their homes.
What is your strategy for getting through the holidays?